This course is aimed to discuss two questions:
What political science is about?
How to do comparative analysis?
We will discuss the foundamental questions of politics and political sciene (comparative politics particularly) and methodological aspects of political analysis.
Participants are required to participate actively in the class and write summary reports on the assigned materials.
2. Politics: how imortant to development?
3. Development of political science
4. Theory and practice: democratization
5. Democratization game
6. Theory and practice: policy-making
7. Policy-making game
8. Causal inference and description
9-10. Why comparative analysis?
11-13. How to do comparative analysis?
14. Review session
15. Wrap up and report assignment